Orthotics are custom-made shoe inserts, developed from 3D electronic scanning of the foot, which is form-fitted to the foot.
An orthotic is designed to guide the mechanics of the foot to a precise degree which help the muscles and tendons to perform more efficiently. Orthotics can alleviate many common foot problems that cause pain and discomfort in otherwise healthy people.
Orthotics can help in situations of:
- Abnormal shoe wear (one side of the sole of the shoe wears out faster than the other)
- Flat feet
- High-arched foot structure
- Heel pain
- Callus formation
- Chronic heel (plantar fasciitis), knee, or low back pain
- Frequent ankle sprains
- Gait abnormalities (feet point inward or excessively outward during walking)
- Shin pain (shin splints).
Correctly fitted orthotics will realign your feet and ankle bones to their neutral position and correct these anomalies. This will help alleviate painful symptoms not only in the feet but in other parts of your body, such as knee pain, shin pain, heel pain, and lower back pain.