80% of the population experience pain at some stage of their life. The M3 Spinal Clinic provides comprehensive assessment and appropriate management for spinal disorders.
Spinal pain can range from the odd ‘niggle’ to intense pain resulting in immobility. Short term pain is very common and eight out of ten New Zealanders will deal with back pain at some stage in their lives.
Our physiotherapists have a multifaceted approach, integrating a range of manual therapy concepts in the assessment and treatment of spinal pain. They will determine the cause of your pain and then provide you with a comprehensive programme for recovery. One of the key aims of management is education on preventing recurrence and teaching you how to cope if you experience any future problems.
During the assessment or treatment process any of the following approaches may be applied:
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (McKenzie Method)
- Manipulative therapy: Joint mobilisation
- Strength and motor control retraining
- Exercise prescription: Specific strengthening and flexibility exercises
- Soft tissue therapy
- Workstation assessments
- Safer lifting techniques
- Education on how to prevent further back problems, returning to work or sport
- Referring you to other appropriate health providers
- Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (The McKenzie Method)